Our guest blogger for this week is Judy Duarte, here to share a sneak peek at our upcoming conference’s workshop sessions. Judy’s latest book, The Soldier’s Holiday Homecoming, will be available November 1st!
The 2015 California Dreamin’ Conference Committee is determined to provide workshops that will appeal to a diverse group of attendees—from the beginning writer to the experienced. And since most authors are interested in a variety of publishing formats, we’ll have that information as well.
So far, we have scheduled 60 different workshops and panels for you to choose from. And that’s not counting the pitch practice session or the chats.
We’ll kick off the conference with the popular Book Camp that begins at noon on Friday, which you can attend even if you don’t register for the conference. This time we’ll be offering April Kihlstrom’s Book in a Week! So be sure to check it out on the website.
The conference will actually begin on Friday evening at 6 pm. If you’d like a sneak peek at what we’ll be offering, here are the tracks and just a sampling of our many workshops and panels:
- The Balancing Act of First Chapters – Christie Craig
- Bleeding on the Page: Writing Emotion – Laura Drake
- Hero and Heroine Archetypes – Tami Cowden
- Let Conflict Tell Your Story – Susan Meier
BUSINESS / INDUSTRY
- Amazon & CreateSpace Panel: Jon Fine, Genevieve Cushing, & Debra Holland
- Literary Trusts, LLCs, and You – Panel: Sylvie Fox, Maggie Marr, & Maria Powers
- Marketing without Mayhem –Vicky Dreiling
- What Would Jane Austen Tweet? – Sarah Vance-Tompkins
- Cop GMC – M.A. Taylor
- SEAL Team: The Real Deal – Anne Elizabeth & Carl Swepston, Navy SEAL (Ret.)
- Women’s Role Through the Ages – Terry Irene Blain
- Writing Romance Novel Tie-ins to TV Series – Nancy Holder
THE WRITER’S LIFE
- 2-Minute Mentors – Elizabeth Boyle & Jane Porter
- Brainstorming – Leanne Banks
- Healthy You! – Linda Thomas-Sundstrom
- Writing in Short Blocks of Time –April Kihlstrom
And we’ll be offering a new track this year:
- Bundling Your Way to Bestsellerdom – Panel: Eden Bradley, Mary Leo, Kate McKinley
- The Indie Guide to Audio Books– Debra Holland & an ACX/Audible Rep
- The Nuts & Bolts of Self-Publishing –Panel (1 of 2): Elena Dillon, Chris Marie Green, Patricia Rice
- Torn Between Two Lovers: The Challenges of Hybrid Authors – Christie Craig & Christie Ridgway
If you haven’t registered for the conference yet, don’t wait too long. We expect to sell out again this year!
An avid reader who enjoys a happy ending, Judy Duarte couldn’t shake the dream of creating a book of her own. That dream became a reality in 2002, when Harlequin released her first Special Edition. Since then, more than forty of her books have hit the shelves, including two novellas and an online read. A USA Today bestselling author and a two-time Rita® finalist, Judy has won two Maggies and a National Reader’s Choice Award for her heartwarming stories.